My official course introduction starts tomorrow, and needless to say, I am very happy and excited (as well as nervous, and slightly worried…) about it.
Before everything gets started, thought it’d be good to take stock of another gratitude list, seeing that I have not made one for a while, especially since I got here. So here goes.
- SKYPE. Oh what would I do without you.
- WHATSAPP. And all the lovely people who use it too
- The friends who check up on me, just to say hi, just to make sure I’m well, just to know I’m ok, just to keep me company, and make sure I’m alone but not lonely!
- I have my own (thankfully clean!) toilet
- I wake up to an ever-changing landscape every morning – the view from my window is a natural TV
- The nice weather (albeit a little chilly)
- Friendly (and relatively quiet) housemates
- Students concession for travel (which only got implemented last year – how fortunate is that!)
- Ability to cook my own meals, and survive my own cooking
- The parents who support me in more ways than they ever knew they could
- The brother who can still crack me up with his humour, 6000km away!
- And all the lovely strangers who have helped me ever since I got here, answering my silly questions, helping me with directions when I get lost, giving me a hand when I didn’t even know how the bus ticket system works =p
And tomorrow… will be a new day 🙂